New Snap-on 504F Multimeter Certification LaunchedMarch 30, 2021
KTEC to Honor National Coalition of Certification Centers (NC3) PartnershipApril 20, 2021
Last year, the mikeroweWORKS Foundation, WSU Tech, and NC3 launched the MRW Work Ethic Certification Pilot Program to 21 NC3 Leadership Schools, and we are now excited to officially open the program to all NC3 Leadership Schools and NC3Start Members nationwide!
The mikeroweWORKS Foundation developed the MRW Work Ethic Certification Program to ensure that the next generation of skilled workers have the employability skills to be successful in their jobs long term. This curriculum is based on Mike Rowe’s S.W.E.A.T. Pledge, which stands for “Skill and Work Ethic Aren’t Taboo.” Through this curriculum, the mikeroweWORKS Foundation breaks down the origin of each statement in 12 lessons and examines why every student and worker can benefit from embracing this pledge, regardless of their job or skill set.
NC3 is proud to administer this program, and students who successfully complete the program will receive an industry-recognized NC3 certificate.
If you are interested in joining the MRW Work Ethic Certification Program, please review the Implementation Guide and determine whether this work ethic curriculum is a fit for your institution.
- In order to acquire access to this program, you will need to be either an NC3 Leadership School or, at a minimum, your institution will need to be an NC3Start Member.
- $1,000 per year cost to become an NC3Start Member
- $5,000 per year cost to become an NC3 Leadership School
- $395 one-time cost for one instructor to attend the required Train-the-Trainer event
- $5,000 one-time cost for access to this curriculum and the MRW Toolbox, which includes the tools instructors will need to implement lesson activities for in-person classrooms as well as mikeroweWORKS-branded items to create excitement for the program.
If you are already an NC3 Leadership School or an NC3Start Member, your total cost will be $5,395.
If you are an NC3 Certification Center or if you are not yet a member of the NC3 Network, you will need to become an NC3Start Member and your total cost will be $6,395.
There is no cost to students to participate in the MRW Work Ethic Certification Program or any NC3 certification.
To register for an MRW Work Ethic Certification Train-the-Trainer cohort:
- Submit the MRW Program Application and NC3Start Application (if applicable) to email@example.com.
- Select an upcoming instructor certification training to attend based on when your institution will implement the curriculum.
The following Train-the-Trainer events are available:
- For post-secondary schools that will implement the MRW Work Ethic Certification Program in the Summer of 2021, please register for TTT Cohort #1.
- For post-secondary schools that will implement the MRW Work Ethic Certification Program in the Fall of 2021, please register for TTT Cohort #2.
- For secondary schools that will implement the MRW Work Ethic Certification Program in the Fall of 2021, please register for TTT Cohort #3.
Please be sure to register ASAP. Space is limited in each session.
As an instructor of the MRW Work Ethic Certification Program, you can expect:
- Access to NC3certs.com certification portal, which includes this work ethic curriculum, qualifying exams, and reporting
- Access to NC3’s required instructor certification training
- Once you pass the instructor exam, you will be able to start implementing the curriculum
- Issuance of unlimited certification to your students
- The MRW Toolbox, which includes the tools you will need for in-person classrooms as well as mikeroweWORKS-branded items to create excitement for the program
- Year-round consultation from NC3, the mikeroweWORKS Foundation, and our Master Instructors team
- Access to other NC3Start Level certifications
For additional information about the MRW Work Ethic Program, please contact Ashley Adams.
Have questions about upcoming Train-the-Trainer events? Please contact Haley Lechner.