PHabLAB by Palmer Hamilton
PHabLABs, designed and installed by Palmer Hamilton, are project-based learning (PBL) environments that combine collaboration, design thinking, and digital fabrication for the purpose of exploration and complex problem solving, engaging students in learning and preparing them for the future. All academic disciplines can leverage a PHabLAB to teach STEAM fundamentals and career/technical skills.
More About Palmer Hamilton
- Economic Demands – Employers are experiencing a severe labor shortage and Palmer Hamilton has become a resource to assist as schools strive to educate students with STEM skills. PHabLABs are attracting students with their stimulating learning environments and certifications from NC3.
- Empowering Educators – PHabLAB helps to schools by providing resources to teach students new skills.
- Hands-On Learning – We provide an encouraging setting for education through project-based, hands-on learning. A well-designed PHabLAB is an environment where teachers can reach students that are otherwise not engaged.
- For Their Future – by partnering with Palmer Hamilton, you’re also helping students prepare for their post-school careers, with the agility to change with market demands.
Leveraging Essential Skills and Collaboration in an Engaging Learning Environment
Recognizing a need to create and facilitate learning environments that use Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) - and now the Arts (STEAM) - to engage students, Palmer Hamilton became a proud partner of NC3. This method of education requires problem-solving, embraces collaboration and works through the creative process in new ways, demanding new spaces to facilitate these activities. Palmer Hamilton designs unique, creative environments that allow students to connect critical skills together with arts practices, design principles, and standards to provide the whole pallet of learning using the latest, most advanced equipment and sophisticated controls systems.
History of the Partnership
The industry-recognized NC3 certifications offered in 3D printing and CNC routing with Dremel and Tormach showed Palmer Hamilton the value of developing a custom PHabLAB environment to meet specific requirements. The goal is to deliver these certifications, empower educators and reach students. This is done by creating collaborative spaces with the needed resources and equipment to teach students new skills.
Value of the Partnership
With Palmer Hamilton’s expertise in creating unique and engaging MakerSpace environments for students and educators alike, the partnership with NC3 allows schools big and small to develop education, training and professional development that spurs democratization within the school. Every department can participate in this lively space. The success of a PHabLAB depends on full engagement, and Palmer Hamilton will work with you to make sure this happens.
Future of the Partnership
The wave of future economic prosperity lies in a workforce that is well-versed in rising job markets like science, technology, engineering, the arts and math. Palmer Hamilton continues to find new and inventive ways to create fun and engaging learning environments all while working with NC3 to teach our educators and students the latest equipment and technology to inspire experiential learning.
Palmer Hamilton will take you through every step of the process from goal setting, manufacturing, installation, equipment/certification training and support to help build and sustain your program.
Transform Your Program
Palmer Hamilton takes a democratic approach to STEAM learning. We encourage students from all backgrounds and academic interests to explore opportunities with the latest technology, get hands-on learning with advanced equipment and find new avenues for their future. By partnering with NC3 we provide school staff with the tools they need for success in their programs -- facility planning, faculty training, and the support necessary for certifications.
The Value of NC3 Certifications
- Give technical school students exceptional hands-on experience in state-of-the-art learning environments
- Provide access to the most current, relevant curriculum available
- Are taught in well-equipped, custom-designed labs
- Help address skilled workforce needs regionally and nationally
Current NC3 Palmer Hamilton Certifications for PHabLABs
Where Can I Use These Certifications?Top 25 STEAM Careers to Explore
- Mechanical & Civil Engineer
- Website/App Designer
- Modern Urban Planner
- Orthopedic Technologist
- Biomedical Engineer
- Product Designer
- Forensic Psychologist
- Sound Engineer
- Video Game Designer
- Medical Illustrator
- Audio Developer
- Graphic Designer
- Broadcast Technicians
- Fashion Designer
- Interior Designer
- Sports Announcer
- Scientific Imaging
Badger High School:
Featured Case Study
Click on the links below to read all about how Palmer Hamilton was able to transform these schools into world class programs.
PHabLAB Makerspace by Palmer Hamilton
A PHabLAB or Makerspace is a place for innovation, invention, collaboration and learning using a variety of technical tools and materials through digital fabrication. Students learn to be creative and turn an idea into a reality and use in the real world. Whether called Fab Labs, STEAM Labs, Hackerspaces, or Makerspaces, these “Project-Based Learning” labs are popping up in educational institutions all around the globe. A Fab Lab is not just for tech courses; all STEAM classes use the spaces to enhance their curriculum.
PHabLAB - Successful Fab Lab Implementation
PHabLAB - Successful Fab Lab Implementation
Expert Insights on Makerspace Challenges
Expert Insights on Makerspace for All Students
Our Expert Insights on Makerspace Trends
Click the Resources Below to Learn More
- Palmer Hamilton: Creative Design for Makerspace Areas
- Designing Your MakerSpace/PHabLAB
- DREMEL DigiLab
- Tormach xsTECH Router
- Breaking Down Buzzwords: STEM, STEAM, Makerspaces, and Fab Labs
- Using 3D Printing to Teach Real-World Skills
- The New Library
- Leverage NASA Resources In Your Makerspace
- NC3 Membership Benefits Document
- NC3 Brochure
- Annual Leadership Summit
- List of NC3 Leadership Members
- NC3 Membership Interest Form
Centers of Excellence Examples
The way Palmer Hamilton does a PHabLAB is the process of democratizing education. We bring STEM learning to a school campus-wide to all your students. Our program is not just empower a few students in a select field of study, but rather we expose STEM learning to all students across all disciplines and programs.